Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

2.27.2006

Another Long Absence

OK, I've really got to get back to posting a wee bit more often than once a month...

But I have a good reason for the recent long absence: my Mom had hip replacement surgery at the end of January, and I went back East for 2 weeks to help her during her recovery. Granted, I could have posted from there (especially since the Ventress Library has high-speed wi-fi that's soooooo much faster than my Mom's dial-up), but I was rather preoccupied with other priorities, not to mention trying to get some work done on PP projects so that I didn't have to use up all of my FTO for the recuperation visit!

Now I'm back home in Sacto (much to Mr. E's and Miss Muffin's relief) and facing a busy schedule over the next few weeks (Kaplan training begins 3/6 and runs for 5 sessions, I'll be teaching a Tuesday GRE class from now through early April, and I may be tutoring an LSAT student as well).

Weekend & evening activities in March:
  • 3/4 - Volleyball tournament @ CAC
  • 3/6 - Kaplan training
  • 3/7 - GRE class
  • 3/12 - Shamrock'n 1/2 marathon in West Sac
  • 3/13 - Kaplan training
  • 3/14 - GRE class
  • 3/15 - Kaplan training
  • 3/16 - HOA annual meeting
  • 3/20 - Kaplan training
  • 3/21 - GRE class
  • 3/22 - Kaplan training
  • 3/27-3/29 - PP training in Fresno
  • 3/30 - River Cats vs. A's exhibition game
Yep, looks like a busy time ahead. And that doesn't even include Pilates & yoga classes or Sunday morning long runs @ Fleet Feet, etc. Oh - and my birthday, too! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home